[PLUG] asus m2n68 and suspend to ram

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:25:24 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have an asus m2n68-vm motherboard and I'm running Debian's lenny
2.6.26-1-amd64 kernel (as well as the nvidia nonfree driver.)  I can
only get one successful str (echo mem > /sys/power/state) per boot, but
only if X was running.  Without X running, the screen never goes back
to the console.  After the first str, any subsequent suspends get to
the point where the power light flashes, but it immediately snaps out
of it.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose this or get it working?  Anyone else
tried this motherboard?

Suspend to disk does seem to work well.  Suspend to "standby" locks it
up.

Thanks,
Eric
--
"...our schools have been scientifically designed to
prevent overeducation from happening."