[PLUG] Going the laptop route...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Dec 19 02:49:49 UTC 2008

I'm looking at buying an ASUS laptop, their model that has the atom cpu
and Xandros Linux installed.

It has an 8.9" screen, 20G solid state hard drive, and I don't remember the
CPU speed.  It is almost a pocket size laptop.

I'm wondering if the 160 gig hard drive option is worth it, solid state is
more reliable arguably.  I'm also wondering about batteries for it, it
is supposed to run 3 h and 45 m on a full charge.  If I go the 160 gig
hard drive route I end up with XP Home and a 10" screen.

I have until tomorrow afternoon to decide.