[PLUG] Using Wireshark

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 00:30:36 UTC 2008

ckonstanski at pippiandcarlos.com wrote:
> If you were interested in running iptables, you could easily log all
> packets on a specific port.  If you are interested in going this route, I
> can give you my firewall.sh script.  You need kernel support for
> netfilter.

Running iptables would only be useful for watching the traffic on the
machine on which it is running, right? I'm not too concerned that this
machine, currently the only Linux machine in the house, is the culprit.
In fact, based on John's reply, I doubt that I have a problem.

Anyway, if I do put together a firewall machine, I'll keep your offer in
mind.

Thanks.

--
Regards,