[PLUG] Niggling time problem

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 17:32:23 UTC 2008

For some reason my laptop (Lenovo T61) does not sync its clock with the
internet servers. At the moment it has been up for a couple of weeks
and it is over one minute slow. My desktop uses the same settings and
it always displays the time correctly. Both are Intrepid x86_64. I know
the desktop is accurate because I compare it with an atomic clock that
is refreshed daily with the broadcast from Fort Collins, CO.

The GUI stuff is not helping - that is, both computers show the same
settings. I need to figure out some command line stuff to sleuth it
out, but I have no idea where to start.

I don't do anything with my computers that requires accuracy any closer
than getting me to class on time. It's just annoying. I use Linux. My
computers should be perfect.