[PLUG] Protection of Trash?

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 18:11:11 UTC 2008

I set up /srv/www to be document root for apache2 on my home machine. It
works fine. I set the ownership of www to rsteff:rsteff. The site is
strictly internal -- it's not seen in the Internet.

Using the GUI file browser (is that Nautilus in Ubunty?) When I right
click on a file I want to delete, then click on "Move to Trash," I get
an error message that says, "Cannot move file to trash, do you want to
delete immediately?" If I copy the file to my /home/rsteff and repeat
the process, the file is moved to the trash directory.

What's going on?

rsteff at moonguide:/srv$ ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 29 rsteff rsteff 4096 2008-12-20 09:50 www

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
www.dicksteffens.com