[PLUG] Browsers, memory, and flash

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:40:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:37, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb at cesmail.net> wrote:

> I tried the Adobe "alpha" 64-bit plugin, but there is *zero*
> documentation on how to use it, and once I figured out that it worked, I
> dropped it and sent a nastygram to Adobe telling them that they need to
> provide documentation.

my issue wasn't documentation, as the ubuntu forums have a simple
howto that worked fine.  the plugin crashed my browser (opera or ff)
constantly though--it handled youtube fine, but every other flash
thing that i tried (or that was foisted on me in an ad) seemed to
crash the entire session.

i'm definitely waiting for a new release before poking that fire again.