[PLUG] External CSS vs in a <style> tag in the <head> section

Tim tim-pdxlug at sentinelchicken.org
Tue Dec 30 23:57:33 UTC 2008

> I have some style code that works when it is in the <head> section of a
> web page, but not when it is in an external file. Shouldn't it work the
> same?

Just a couple of things off the top of my head:

- Did you specify the URL right?  That is, is the "style.css" file in
  the same directory as the main HTML document?

- Any case-sensitivity issues?  Is it "Style.css" instead?

- Permissions?  Can you actually hit the full URL for the style sheet
  manually to verify that browsers can retrieve it?

Good luck,
tim