[PLUG] OT: Help me keep the shell people alive

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Feb 2 07:55:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 03:57:29PM -0800, Sandy Herring wrote:
> I wish him every success...
>
> http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/nyc/485967082.html

The posting is a "M seeking F" ad on Craig's List in NY, amusing
because it involves a guy seeking a woman to raise command-line-
using children with.  Sorta funny, sorta wistful, sorta hopeless,
but ... possibly leading to a dangerous thread.

Let's keep the "jokes" tasteful, and the offensive ones non-existent.
Read this:

http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Encourage-Women-Linux-HOWTO/

... and consider whether your "joke" might drive a female Linux
user (or male Linux user sensitive to the needs of women) away.
So far, the humor we share here has been good, and not offensive
to each other.  I'm proud of us.  Thanks for keeping it that way!

Keith

P.S.  Offensive to Bill Gates, Steve Balmer, Darl McBride?  Sure!
They aren't on the list.  If they want help using Linux, we can
do that, and help them repent their sins.