[PLUG] Accessing Old Microsoft Files With OO.o-2.1

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Feb 2 18:44:23 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:49:06 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>    I have some vintage 2000 win95 files (.ppt and .xls) that I need to open
> and save in OO.o format. When I try opening the presentation file, OO.o
> tells me
>  	Version incompatibility.
>  	Incorrect file version.
>
>    Don't know whether it's the OO.o version or the .ppt version being
> referenced. Regardless, if anyone has suggestions on how to get these (all
> created with PowerPoint-7.0b and Excel-7.0a, please let me know.

I don't often need to open old MS Office files, but whenever I have had
the need the import facility has worked fine with all versions of OOo
back to before 1.0. That is, there is an occasional minor formatting
glitch, both they definitely open.

Send one of each type to me off-list and let me see what happens when I
try them. If they work for me then we can sleuth out what I have that
you don't.