[PLUG] 2008: Linux’s year on the desktop

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 04:16:01 UTC 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 4:16 PM, m0gely <m0gely at telestream.com> wrote:
> Actually, no, the guy didn't. So, you're kinda name calling, a little
> random for me, and just making stuff up. I won't be replying to this
> anymore.

"Thirteen tasks were running, most of which would be familiar to
anyone who has opened Task Manager: smss.exe, csrss.exe, and
svchost.exe were all there, plus the mini web server httpsrv.exe."

The code is all the same in the kernel, but they detached the GUI.
You can see the same code is all there.  However, since they don't
have a proper shell yet to interface with the kernel, they wrote
simple web server.  Like, one that anyone could write.  It handles
three requests :-)  One of the options is to dump the internal process
table.  I bet they still use the winxx api call EnumProcesses() in
Windows 7 to get this list unless they are dumping the internal tables
directly for MinWin...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."