[PLUG] Sendmail Help?

Russ Gilman-Hunt gilmanhunt at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 07:19:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-02-03 at 22:11 -0800, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Sunday 03 February 2008 21:52:41 Russ Gilman-Hunt wrote:
> > > Ok, I've fouled this up somehow, and I need help making it work again.
> >
> > Nevermind. I think it's sussed. Thanks.
>
> For the person searching the archives at some time in the future, what was the cause and how did you discover and fix it?

Well, many inner workings of the sendmail.mc file are opaque to me,
however, the order of the FEATURES is importand, and the quotes ... I'm
not sure how the quotes figured in.
I changed from this order and these quotings:
~~~~~~~~~~~
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl
(several lines redacted)
VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE( `/etc/mail/virtuser-domains' )dnl
FEATURE(`virtuser_entire_domain')dnl
~~~~~~~~~~~
to this order and these quotings:
VIRTUSER_DOMAIN_FILE(/etc/mail/virtuser-domains)dnl
FEATURE(virtuser_entire_domain)dnl
FEATURE(`virtusertable',`hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable.db')dnl

And, ahem, verified the correct ownership
on /home/usercompanyb/.procmailrc

Russ
Your friendly neighborhood ( and inept ) system administrator.