[PLUG] lcd care and feeding

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Feb 8 13:32:38 UTC 2008

Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> So, assuming 15k hours of lamp life, we better turn off the backlight
> for a good portion of the day if we want it to last more than 2 years.
> Turning it off for 8 hours at night saves .5 years.

That's disappointing.  CRTs last tens of years.  Assuming normal people will
replace rather than repair the flatscreen under these conditions CRTs being to
look much greener.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity

Space is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen to you.