[PLUG] maildrop or procmail

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sat Feb 9 16:36:05 UTC 2008

I'm migrating the home network to new systems and using the process to review how I do things.

Google doesn't show a maildrop vs procmail discussion here.

By default I'd just stick with procmail.  I do see enough mentions of maildrop to give it some consideration.

Factors to consider:
  postfix is the MTA
  virtual domains will be implemented for domains I host and if possible all the mail
  must play well with mailman and sympa

I'd like your feedback on the local delivery options.  Especially:
   what am I missing out on if I stay with procmail
   what gotchas I need to be careful of if I go with maildrop
   what option am I overlooking

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity