[PLUG] Creating linux based wireless access point, tips/pointers requested

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Mon Feb 11 23:28:34 UTC 2008

Timothy Selivanow wrote:
> I'm trying to make a wireless access point using CentOS 5 with an
> Atheros based WiFi NIC (Atheros Communications, Inc. AR2413 802.11bg NIC
> (rev 01)) and using the madwifi drivers from ATrpms.net
> (madwifi-0.9.3.3-39.el5).

This sounds like you're using a full/existing PC.  Way overkill.

I use a mix of Netgear and Linksys WRT54GLs with OpenWrt.
Routes, bridges, firewalls, and much more or much less, it's up to you.
All with a tiny energy and space footprint.  Fanless too.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity