[PLUG] Creating EPS Text File

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 12 02:33:19 UTC 2008

   I want to create a letterhead as an .eps file for inclusion in LaTeX
documents. The typeface is BakerSignet. Years ago I spent too much time
trying to understand and follow the long, complicated procedure for adding a
new Type1 typeface (in four fonts) directly into LaTeX.

   The OO.o pdf generator is not Adobe-compliant, so ImageMagick cannot
convert the pdf to eps. I don't have that typeface installed in The GIMP or
Xfig, and don't know how to add additional typefaces to those apps, anyway.

   Does anyone have suggestions for creating a PostScript text-only file?
That can be encapsulated with 'convert' easily enough. I don't know enough
PostScript to create the letterhead using PS primitives.