[PLUG] Advanced Topics February meeting

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Wed Feb 13 20:26:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:52:31AM -0800, Ted Kubaska wrote:
> You know, I certainly wouldn't mind spending the time discussing what we
> want out of Advanced Topics. Rather than scramble for speakers every month,
> might we discuss what we would like as a vision or direction for Advanced
> Topics? I'm a nitty-gritty person, not pie-in-the-sky, but discussing as a
> group what kind of topics or areas or approaches we'd like makes sense to
> me.
>  -ted

I second that.  Jax is expecting some people to show up, anyway.

What kinda irks me is that we could potentially get a lot more
contribution.  Only a few of us speak; only a few of us find other
speakers.  The rest probably know /something/ or /somebody/.  I like
seeing all the people show up, but it would be more cool (and less
work for Alan) if some of you worked up the gumption to talk about
something you know about, or invited  a cow-orker or friend or
conference acquaintance to speak to us.

Yeah, it is a nuisance, but when you are old and feeble, what will
you remember most - listening to a presentation, or giving one?
Hell, after a few shots at it, you might find out you are good at
speaking to a crowd;  you will never know until you try a few times.
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate!

Keith