[PLUG] VMware Suggestions Needed

robinson-west user plug_1 at goose.robinson-west.com
Wed Feb 13 20:28:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 12:18 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2008, Paul Mullen wrote:
>
> > I'm really happy with VirtualBox. Simple to configure and use, and it's
> > surprisingly fast.
>
> > http://www.virtualbox.org/
>
>    Thank you, Paul. I'll see if it lets me access the existing partition.
>
> Rich

I don't know if virtualbox works with vmware images, but vmware
workstation 6 will fire up vmware workstation 4 images.  It's
annoying that the vmware modules have to be rebuilt every time
the kernel is upgraded, isn't it?

Why go with virtualbox over vmware workstation?  Does vmware
server allow creating virutal machines?

     Michael C. Robinson