[PLUG] Eclipse (for real!) was February PLUG Advanced Topics

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Thu Feb 14 16:07:13 UTC 2008

Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_February_2008_lunar_eclipse
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/ysmlf4
>
> Can you see the eastern sky from the roof of Jax?  There may be
> buildings in the way;  maybe not.  Perhaps we can make
> arrangements to look if the view is clear and the sky is not
> overcast, or schedule a brief trek to waterfront park.

The last time I was up there the eastern view was pretty clear.  What really
matters is where on the horizon the moon is coming up and if there's something in
the way.

I think the roof at Jax will be better than waterfront park.  The 3rd and Alder
Smart park garage top floor would be better than both.

--
   Michael Rasmussen, Portland, Ore, USA
  Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity