[PLUG] What's the deal with man and info regarding rmdir -r

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:29:42 UTC 2008

# from Russell Senior
# on Friday 15 February 2008 00:34:

>I have said this before, but I have learned that the command "rm -rf"
>include the non-printing characters <PAUSE> and <THINK> _before_ the
><ENTER> key.

If you have the luxury of a gnu rm, you can develop the habit of only
ever typing '-rf' as the last thing on the line.  That gives you time
to pause and think.

Also, if you are unfortunate enough to find yourself in a bsd userland,
you can pause and think during the "curse,ctrl+a,alt+f" ritual.

Historical note:  I developed this habit immediately after banning all
keyboards with the backwards L enter key (no! that's not a backslash!)

--Eric
--
Consumers want choice, consumers want openness.
--Rob Glaser