[PLUG] Metro-fi & Wireless Channels

kurt braget joehaircut at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 08:36:21 UTC 2008

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up my wireless network again, and both my
netgear routers keep failing. My roomate said it's probably the wireless
channels interfering with each other. When I scan for local networks, the
only ones that come up are Metro-fi Free and Metro-fi Premium. Do you know
what channel Metro-fi uses? Does it matter? Could they possibly be
interfering with my equipment?

I read Netgear's site and it recommended setting channels at least 5
channels apart from your neighbors to reduce interference. Said also that
there are 11 total channels, 1 - 11. Which one would you guys recommend
using? Any tools you can recommend for monitoring channels of local wireless
networks? Thanks.