[PLUG] M$ Only Government Sites, was Accessing Old Microsoft Files With OO.o-2.1

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 18:53:56 UTC 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 10:02 AM, robinson-west user <plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> Crossover Linux will run IE6 at least, if I'm not mistaken.  This
> saves one the trouble of emulating a copy of Windows.

iesforlinux http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page lets
you run IE 5.5 -> 7 on linux, but it's not particularly reliable. In
this case it doesn't cut it. (The results are about the same as
changing your user agent in firefox.) I'd expect crossover to have the
same results, but it may be worth a try.

> Open sourcing the updates
> would be a boon for the honest users of your software and
> make it more popular.

Aren't the updates essentially just patches to some mammoth source
tree? How useful would a diff of two versions of the windows kernel be
without one of the full versions of the source?  There *might* be
something of use in there for wine/mono developers, but it seems
fairly unlikely.

--Rogan