[PLUG] M$ "opens" up ?

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at easystreet.net
Fri Feb 22 01:05:08 UTC 2008

mel97215 at comcast.net wrote:
> Headlines say:
>
> Update: Microsoft commits to sharing with open source, rivals
> 'Interoperability principles' will be used to share code, make software more open
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9063838

As much as i'd like to think hell has frozen over, i'd hire me a lawyer
to read the fine print before doing anythin' with them thar APIs.
Groklaw, as usual, is first out the gate with a comprehensive analysis &
quotes from the EU Commission and OSS-based businesses.

In short, "this is a promise to do nothing that matters".