[PLUG] transferring an open firefox session from machine to machine

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Feb 23 04:12:57 UTC 2008

My wife left a Firefox session open on her Linux computer downtown,
and will probably need to make a trip to Portland tomorrow to save
data from the session and close it, and restart the session from
the saved data on her Linux laptop at home.  It started me thinking
that there has to be an easier way to do that, given that I have a
VPN running to the remote machine and root access to both.
The machines are running different distros (SuSE10 downtown, RHEL5
here ) but the same version of Firefox (2.0.0.4) .

I am wondering if it is possible to copy some of the runtime data
from the downtown machine to here, and take over the session?
Alternatively, to move the open X window from there to here?
Probably not, to both, as there would be security issues with
such a capability, but perhaps somebody knows of a way to do so.

Keith