[PLUG] Relationship between Mac and Linux

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 18:53:11 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Victor Soich <vsoich at gmail.com> wrote:

>  If I open up the terminal, will all the commands in the Easy Linux
>  Commands work exactly the same.  Remember, these are beginner linux
>  commands.  Or is there some gotcha that I should be aware of?

One thing that cause me *many* problems is that the file system in OS
X is *NOT* case-sensitive, but it does preserve case (and the
auto-completion *IS* case-sensitive).  This is one of the main
reason's I don't use a mac any more -- the first time I realized that
Documents and documents were the same folder was when I obliterated
one with the other :(.  (This was a while ago -- I don't expect that
the filesystem is suddenly case-sensitive, but perhaps the tools make
it more obvious now.)

--Rogan