[PLUG] Debugging odd effect a Slackware machine has on a network printer

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at easystreet.net
Fri Feb 29 18:41:26 UTC 2008

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Richard C. Steffens wrote:
>
>> No, that would be Dweezil's sister, Moon Unit.
>>

>    Oh. I always felt sorry for those kids having to drag those goofey names
> around for their entire lives. But, such is the price of fame, I suppose.
>
> Rich

Well, don't feel too sorry. As the story goes, Dweezil was named by his
parents in the hospital, for that little bit of umbilical cord still
attached,, which Frank thought lookied like a little dweezil. The nurse
who was filling out the birth certificate was horrified and, unbeknownst
to the parents, put some ordinary name on the cert and filed it. Her
subtrefuge was discovered years later, and Dweezil, outraged, changed
his legal name to what his parents wanted.

What that has to do with linux, hmm...