[PLUG] Mondo doesn't like onstream...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Mon Jan 7 01:14:27 UTC 2008

tape drives.  Is this still true?

I'm trying to use mondo-2.04_cvs_20050503 with an onstream SC50 drive.  Aside
from taking more than a day and only storing 25 gigs at best on a 50 gig tape,
the second tape out of four isn't verifying.

There are more than just the osstx device files listed for onstream
tape drives.
Do I need the non rewinding device files and the different mode ones?
How do I
get the full capacity out of the tapes?  Has anyone had good luck with these
tape drives?  I'm thinking about backing up via NFS mount through mondo and
then turning around and copying the dump to tape.

Michael Robinson