[PLUG] Where are my bookmarks?

Ken Stephens kens at cad2cam.com
Wed Jan 9 05:34:50 UTC 2008

Matt McKenzie wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2008 1:32 AM, drew wymore <drew.wymore at gmail.com> wrote:

>> something

>> version of

>> Can

>>> They should be stored in ./~firefox/ directory
>>>
>> forgot the . /~.firefox
>>

> Yes your Linux Firefox bookmarks should be in your home dir.
>
> But there is an easier way to do this, once which I have been doing since
> running 64bit Linux (Fedora), is to use the 32bit Firefox to be able to use
> all the plugins (Java, Flash, etc) that are not 64bit.  This way you don't
> have to mess with wine.  I am not positive but you should be able to just
> download the 32bit Firefox RPM and install it, depending on if you have the
> 32bit compatibility libraries installed.  Just be careful when you do YAST
> updates that it updates the 32bit one and not overwriting with the 64bit one
> again, you may have to do that manually.

You should be able to run 32 bit applications on 64 bit systems by

compat-libgcc-296-2.96-138.x86_64.rpm
or
compat-libgcc-34-3.4.6-4.x86_64.rpm

Fedora
yum install compat-libgcc
should get you the correct version for your installation.

For SuSE
apt-get install compat-2004 compat-sles8

Ken Stephens
CAD 2 CAM