[PLUG] Top-Posting (was: Re: Metrofi wins Rogue of the Week)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jan 10 23:44:22 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Rogan Creswick wrote:

> I imagine it will be a good long while before *any* email client will
> know where to put your cursor when you start a reply ;)

   They all put the cursor at the upper left corner. The issue is that too
many folks just start typing there and don't make the effort to trim cruft,
isolate portions of the original message to which they want to respond, then
type their response beneath that quoted text.

   It's like html-formatted mail: when all your friends and colleages top
post and send html mail, why bother being different? There are no tests and
licenses required before driving on the information highway.