[PLUG] Top-Posting (was: Re: Metrofi wins Rogue of the Week)

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Jan 11 01:18:55 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 15:44 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Rogan Creswick wrote:
>
> > I imagine it will be a good long while before *any* email client will
> > know where to put your cursor when you start a reply ;)
>
>    They all put the cursor at the upper left corner. The issue is that too
> many folks just start typing there and don't make the effort to trim cruft,
> isolate portions of the original message to which they want to respond, then
> type their response beneath that quoted text.

Actually MS Lookout is worse than most, not only does it put your cursor
at the begining, but it puts your signature there too.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting a bad thing?

Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."
www.beattie-home.net     | -- Midori Koto