[PLUG] Metrofi wins Rogue of the Week

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Fri Jan 11 22:03:08 UTC 2008

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Using speedtest.net and the flash tests from dslreports.com/speedtest,
> recommended by Joe and Mark respectively, it seems the fastest I am
> getting is around 23,500 Kb/s down and about 2000 Kb/s up. In the real
> world, however, I never see anything like that speed for downloads -
> generally the best I ever see is about a tenth of that, and even that
> is very unusual.

Um, since we've all been known to have little glitches in our thinking
from time to time, I thought I'd just double-check something:

You're not confusing the speed test's Kb/s with your torrent client's
report of KB/s are you?  Because that'd be just under one tenth as big in
pure numbers without units.

Again, just checking.
Je.