[PLUG] Thin-clients

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:58:23 UTC 2008

> The main issue is the 2nd DHCP attempt is failing.  It PXE boots off DHCP, loads
> the kernel, and appears to fail around the IP-Config DHCP attempt (couldn't find
> much info on the klibc ipconfig command..  ipconfig is not a typo for ifconfig).
> On the packet level, I see DHCP Discover packets coming from the device, and the
>
> server sending an Offer back.  These two packets loop forever, the device never
> wanting to accept the Offer.

Hmm, I've had similiar problems before and the problem ended up being
the PXE boot rom and the Ethernet card that I was using. Which isn't
really applicable to your scenario of it working wit the stock kernel
but not the custom LTSP kernel you built...

I also recall there being a difference between thin clients and diskless
workstations and that did affect how you configure things and how the
PXE boot process works. I think...