[PLUG] DSL in Portland

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 17:04:58 UTC 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 8:59 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mikeraz at patch.com> wrote:
> Kris wrote:
> > Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> > > speakeasy.net
> > > They also encourage bandwidth sharing and use.
> >
> > For those who care, Speakeasy is owned by Best Buy as of April 2007.
>
> When that was announced I cringed.  So far there hasn't been a change in
> service, terms, or problem response.

Not yet: "Best Buy anticipates a closing date for the transaction in
the first quarter of its 2008 fiscal year. Following the close,
Speakeasy would operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy."
(http://www.speakeasy.net/press/pr/pr032707.php).

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com