[PLUG] Torrent download speeds - was: Metrofi wins Rogue of the Week

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:14:19 UTC 2008

Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> drew wymore wrote:
>
>> ................................................. but as I think has been
>> mentioned before, it is their network and they are allowed to do whatever
>> they please. ...............
>>
>> Drew-
>>

> Do they have an obligation to tell customers what they are doing?
>
> -Denis

Technically, only in as much as what is defined in the terms of service
agreement. Which I don't think too many people have read in full nor
declined using their service based on it except a few enlightened people
on this mailing list.

The problem I have with many ISPs is that they set invisible limits,
don't tell you when and why they're employing traffic control
mechanisms, and they don't provide any accounting of your bandwidth usage.

--mike