[PLUG] Linux / Open Source company for non-profit or other social service organizations?

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 21:22:46 UTC 2008

Ted Kubaska wrote:
> You know I don't but I'll volunteer my time if it's the right group. -ted

I'm not sure how much FreeGeek does specifically with these types of
organizations. I found an organization on the internet called TechSoup /
ComputerMentor that does do this type of work extensively but they're
out of San Francisco.

One of the reasons Debian is my favorite distro is that there are groups
of people who have spun-off Debian specific distros for educational,
medical, and non-profit to name a few. They're all in various states of
production readiness. I setup a computer lab for a small tech college
with DebianEdu (Skolelinux). I was very impressed with it and I would
like to do more of this type of work.

Is there any interest in founding this type of organization in Portland
if one does not exist already?

--mike
'