[PLUG] Linux / Open Source company for non-profit or other social service organizations?

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sat Jan 19 00:29:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 12:45:28PM -0800, Mike Connors wrote:
> Hello - Does anyone know of any companies/organizations that provide
> Linux / Open Source equipment, software, consulting, training
> specifically to non-profit, environmental, or social service
> organizations in the greater Portland area?

One local company that does a lot of work for government, charity, and
other NGOs is  Open Sourcery in SE Portland.  That is Brian Jamieson
and a half dozen other programmers and sysadmins.

http://www.opensourcery.com

I've never hired his services, but Brian and I are both members of POSSE,
the Portland Open Source Software Entrepreneurs (http://www.posse.org),
and I've worked on a few volunteer projects together with him.  He is
knowledgable, competent and diligent, and I assume that is true for the
rest of his organization.

Keith