[PLUG] Installing Kubuntu in VMware on XP

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Tue Jan 22 23:26:56 UTC 2008

I have space on my XP laptop to load VMware Server (which I have done),
and want to try different versions of Linux on it starting with Kubuntu.
Has anyone done this?

The laptop is an Acer Aspire 1640Z with a 1.7 GHz Pentium M and 1 GB of
RAM. I accepted the defaults when I created the virtual machine: 512 MB
memory, 8 GB Max hard disk, bridged Ethernet.

What things will I wish I had know after I've started?

Of all the possible downloads, which one(s) should I start with?

TIA.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens