[PLUG] Installing Kubuntu in VMware on XP

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:06:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 3:26 PM, Richard C. Steffens <rsteff at comcast.net> wrote:
> I have space on my XP laptop to load VMware Server (which I have done),
> and want to try different versions of Linux on it starting with Kubuntu.

If you should end up using a version wit KDE 4.0, keep in mind that
the developers made a deliberate decision to release version 4 before
it was really stable, so your experience may not be representative of
the "normal" kubuntu level of quality.

That said, I have no plans to use [x|k|]ubuntu again -- I've had far,
far to many problems relating to the way the UI seems to be
intertwined with non-ui configurations (power management, wifi, etc..)
 I think debian is a more reliable system, but ubuntu does make more
things work by default if you're happy with Gnome, KDE, or Xfce.

--Rogan