[PLUG] Installing Kubuntu in VMware on XP

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:23:37 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 4:10 PM, Tim Bruce <timb at bruce4.com> wrote:
> VMWare will only bind to one adapter. It generally selects your primary
> one (hardwired port). I "cheated" by adding a second virtual network
> tied to my eth1 (wireless port). But I have to switch the VMs to use
> that or the primary.

Not true!  VMware will bind as many as you tell it to :-)  In general,
eth0 is mapped to vmnet0 and eth1 should be mapped to vmnet2.  vmnet1
is automatically mapped to host-only networking.  You can reconfigure
this behavior with vmware-config.pl during installation or at any
time.  I usually map both my wired and wireless interfaces on the same
virtual machine and don't have issues.  One time I mapped 24
interfaces for a project I was doing at Cisco :-)
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."