[PLUG] Installing Kubuntu in VMware on XP

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 00:34:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 22, 2008 4:10 PM, Tim Bruce <timb at bruce4.com> wrote:
> VMWare will only bind to one adapter. It generally selects your primary
> one (hardwired port). I "cheated" by adding a second virtual network
> tied to my eth1 (wireless port). But I have to switch the VMs to use
> that or the primary.

Not entirely true.  There is a utility that is installed but not
placed on the menus
which allows binding to different network cards and even adding more binding
to the config.  This is outside of the vmx files.

With vmplayer installed the path to the utility is:
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Player\vmnetcfg.exe