[PLUG] ANNOUNCEMENT: PLUG Advanced Topics July 16th 2008

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Fri Jul 11 23:04:31 UTC 2008

PLUG Advanced Topics

Date:      July 16th 2008
Time:      7pm - 9pm
Location:  Jax Bar
           826 SW 2nd Avenue
           Portland, OR

Topic:     Embedded Linux
Speaker:   Josh Triplett <josh at freedesktop.org>
           Portland State University

The talk will be on how to get started with embedded Linux, based
on my experiences with the flight computer for the Portland State
Aerospace Society.  My talk will walk through all the steps I followed
to get the flight computer booting up to a shell prompt, and explain
precisely what the system does between hitting the power button and
the shell prompt.  This will include a discussion of the u-boot
embedded bootloader, working with TFTP, handling onboard flash (MTD)
devices, working with a PowerPC device tree, using busybox, and
building an initramfs.

Usual meeting rules apply.