[PLUG] Dirk Dashing slow...

someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sun Jul 13 05:58:31 UTC 2008

Granted, I'm running 1.0.4, which is buggy.  Before updates,
I played through the whole shareware version without slow downs.
After letting Fedora do it's updating, I get random slow downs.
I am also noticing random loss of music.  CentOS 5 even updated
has never exhibited these problems, then again it isn't using the
2.6.25 kernel.  Sound seems to die on Fedora Core 9.  Why does
stuff that worked in the past not work right now?

I thought Fedora Core 9 would be cutting edge and current and more
appealing as a Windows replacement than CentOS 5, but now I'm not
so sure.  I don't have a stable system to build on.  I can't rule
out flaky hardware.  I have freedos 1 installed if there are
hardware validation programs that run on it.  I am using an Intel
D845PEBT2 motherboard.

      Michael Robinson