[PLUG] Lost about this Cron job and where is it

Vincent Yau vyau5678 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 21:53:35 UTC 2008

Hello:

I am a little lost about this cron job (and feeling pretty stupid too).  I
am running Ubuntu and
up until a month ago, I started getting this cron job that kept doing some
sendmail checks like 200 times a day and sending email to my mailbox.
I checked under /var/spool/cron/crontabs and there is nothing there
(directory is empty).  I checked crontab of root and my user account and it
is emptied.
If I shutdown cron daemon, the cron job stops.  But if I cannot find any
crontab entry, I do not
understand where this one is coming from.

Any clue much appreciated.....