[PLUG] Dealing With Microsoft's XML Document Format

Robert Citek robert.citek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:39:51 UTC 2008

Yes, using Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04.  The document had to end in .docx.
Then I could double-click on it and OOo (both 2.3 and 2.4) would open
it.  However, I suspect it is not a feature of OOo, but rather of
Ubuntu. I tried opening the same .docx file with OOo 2.4 on Windows
without any luck.  I haven't dug deep enough to figure out what magic
Ubuntu is doing.

Regards,
- Robert