[PLUG] DNS weirdness

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Jul 24 07:36:08 UTC 2008

# from Keith Lofstrom
# on Wednesday 23 July 2008 00:45:

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 07:09:51AM -0700, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> This is just for caching and/or local resolution, right?  My bind setup
> contains the following info about the world, and no root.hints
> directive.
>
>         forward first;
>         forwarders {
>                 192.168.1.1;
>                 192.168.0.2;
>                 68.238.128.12;
>                 68.238.64.12;
>         };
>
> That said, I may not have a clue what I'm doing.  My todo list says that
> I will eventually setup dnsmasq or something else which is simpler than
> bind.

That worked, thanks!  I put it inside the "" view "internal" "" section,
replacing the "" zone "." IN "" section.   If a better alternative comes
along, let me know.  As I understand it, the Verizon name servers will
replace nonexistent URLs with some advertising cruft, but I can put
up with that.

I still want to yank out the Actiontec, but it is no longer first
priority.

Keith