[PLUG] OSCON

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 06:17:33 UTC 2008

It was a blast!

Because of OSCON I got to hear Mark Shuttleworth in person, and because
of Keith I got a front row center seat.

I also got t-shirts, a free book on SQLite, and numerous other swag
things.

I am still recovering from the open bar parties hosted by O'Reilly,
Google and Sourceforge.

I met tons of people involved in OSS, Linux and other stuff we hold
dear.

I printed 200 PLUG flyers and have a little over a hundred left, plus a
lot of people passing by our booth took just a PLUG business card. I am
confident this will result in new blood for PLUG. We even had visitors
from "PLUG" - that is, the Punai, India Linux User Group. They took
copies of our stuff to take back with them. We also answered a lot of
Clinic type questions, gave geographic directions to visitors from out
of town, and even suggested how to find a tech job in Portland to
several out of towners who fell in love with Portland during OSCON.

My heartfelt thanks to Dave for arranging the booth, and to Keith and
many others who helped man it!