[PLUG] Debugging a Thunderbird Mail Problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 27 00:47:50 UTC 2008

   My wife uses Thunderbird as her MUA on the laptop running Xubuntu-8.04. It
keeps asking for a password when trying to send mail. I thought that I had
fixed this, but like the Hydra, it's popped up again.

   As far as I know, there's no reason for Thunderbird to ask for a password
when sending messages. It never has before.

   I'd appreciate some insight, thoughts, ideas, or other clues from those of
you more conversant with [x]ubuntu and thunderbird than I am.