[PLUG] OSCON sign for PLUG general meeting

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Jul 27 01:56:39 UTC 2008

Before we left the OSCON exhibit area, I snagged the 5 foot long
booth sign that OSCON provided for PLUG, instead of discarding it.

If we put a sticker over the "615" booth number, we can hang it
up in the front window of the PSU engineering building during
our meetings to let people know where we are, visible from the
street.  We would need some way to temporarily attach the sign
inside the window that doesn't leave adhesive gunk.  The sign
is sturdy cardboard, and has two mounting holes that would work
with a wire and hooks.  If I recall correctly, the windows are
framed with aluminum channel, so two light C clamps on the
verticals, and some picture wire between them, would do the trick.

I might not always make it to the meetings, so if we do figure
out a way to use this sign, it might be better to put a regular
attendee in charge of it.  It will roll up into a one foot diameter
cylinder, any tighter and it will develop a permanent curve.

Ideas?

Keith