[PLUG] Citadel

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Jun 5 22:02:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, Scott Van Hoosen wrote:

> I recently installed Citadel e-mail package on an Ubuntu server.
> Installation was easy, and everything has worked great except for
> one small catch. My domain is vanhoosen.net, so when I send mail it
> should be addressed from username at vanhoosen.net. This works fine if
> I send it through an IMAP client, but if I sent it from the WebCit
> web interface, the e-mail will show the sender as
> username at citadel.vanhoosen.net. "citadel" is the hostname of the
> Ubuntu machine that is hosting Citadel. Any suggestions?

I don't know Citadel, but in sendmail, this is called masquerading.
You tell sendmail to MASQUERADE_AS your domain name. I think the
Postfix uses the same nomenclature, but others will know better than
I.

All you need to do is tell Citadel to do its moral equivalent of
masquerading, and you're in like Flynn.