[PLUG] usb -> svga adapters...

Jon Scully jonscully at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 20:39:51 UTC 2008

This one works with sisusb driver:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812200034

Here is sample of xorg.conf configuration:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "SiS USB2VGA Adaptor"
        Driver          "sisusb"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
EndSection
Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "USB2VGA Screen"
        Device          "SiS USB2VGA Adaptor"
        Monitor         "Generic Monitor"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth   24
                # Highest this will go
                #Modes "1680x1050"
                # Lowest (that I've tested)
                Modes   "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
#       Screen          "USB2VGA Screen"
        Screen          "USB2VGA Screen" RightOf "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
EndSection

Performs pretty well on MID platform.