[PLUG] Postfix/Spamassassin question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 9 16:20:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008, frank hunt wrote:

> Here's the classic scenario:  Incoming spam is addressed to an invalid
> user at my site; some are not caught by spamassassin and thus rejected by
> postfix and returned to the "sender".

Frank,

   Look in postfix's main.cf for the section REJECTING MAIL FOR UNKNOWN
LOCAL USERS. Then make a recipients file. Also, in main.cf's JUNK MAIL
CONTROLS section, create a section like this:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
         permit_mynetworks,
         reject_unauth_destination,
         check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/roleaccount_exceptions,
         check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipients,
         check_helo_access pcre:/etc/postfix/helo_checks,
         reject_non_fqdn_recipient,
         reject_non_fqdn_sender,
         reject_unknown_sender_domain,
         reject_non_fqdn_hostname,